Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
33741 - 33760 of 33806 Posts

·
Registered
Worthless garbage
9,275 Posts
Sad. While I'm happy to see pictures of my manager's wedding and happy for her, it makes me sad because I'll probably never have that.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,818 Posts
Beat up, I just moved my boat about three feet to get it out of where the fence needs to be installed. To do so, required using two jacks, jacking the backside of the trailer up, then using a come along anchored to a tree and pulling it so the boat would fall off the jacks and further into the yard.

I had to do it four times until the boat was inside of the yard far enough so the fence could be installed and also I could walk in-between the fence and boat to clean up after the fence is installed. Also so I can start working on my boat again, considering it has been sitting there neglected for a few years. I hope to eventually pull it back further into the back yard, then lift it off the trailer to work on the trailer and boat - but that is not for a while to come.. years away actually.

Anyway, a pic of my handiwork.

The boat used to be in that empty spot where the fencing should have been installed. When our surveyor came to our yard he told us the boat was fine where it was.. yeah.. he was wrong. Anyway, I'm so happy this is done with, now the rest of the fence can be put in and I will have some privacy in my yard. Looking forward to cleaning out my boat too.. one day perhaps it will be able to sail.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
Spent much of the day online…mostly shopping. Not looking forward to dealing with the growing number of issues at work and trying not to let it bother me.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Okay. Had a pretty good day. Went to a car boot sale; on approach loads of people were leaving and carrying big bags of stuff. They were happy to pay the extra entrance fee to go in earlier. Last time I was up there there were some boots and these looked brand new/ they never look to have been worn. When I asked how much the guy said £2. I said "only £2!". His expression was like damn! I shoulda charged more, but I'm not sure I would have paid more especially since I didn't want to try them on with loads of people around me.

Then I went on the Nextdoor app and a lady is giving something away for free so I went to pick it up. She was in the garden and was picking a flower and said you can eat these! If you were in a restaurant these would make your meal look much more expensive. Then she proceeded to eat a couple and I felt rude but declined trying one as you never know what it has been exposed to.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,469 Posts
It feels like a weekend and not that bad of one even though I had an extremely existential morning. Something hit at night and I'm ok. I feel delighted that my nails are long enough that they sound good on the acoustic guitar. That is all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kind of embarrassed like I know when I'm myself and when I'm not but its still not easy going from nobody cares what I say to it being a lot bigger than it used to be. I just keep remembering stupid things and it bothers me either because I sound mean or just a few innapropriate things or just embarrassing. Its weird because at some point I just wanted a safe place to say whatever without any feedback which is part of it, got the opposite. Anonymity is attractive to me at that time, I just don't feel like I'm talking to anyone but myself sometimes. Its weird you'd think someone with social anxiety would be good about not saying things to attract negative feedback but its really not true for me online anyway.

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Annoyed that I don't have the post I need to install the rest of my fence, it was supposed to be delivered here by the company that installed the fence, several hours ago.. but I also received some good news from my father. Despite the fact that he is going to need a triple bypass surgery his doctor said he is in pretty good shape, and it is not severe enough for him to worry about. He can resume his normal daytime activities, including kayaking if he wanted to. His operation is in October, and the doctor has several years of experience and we all feel pretty confident that it will go along okay.

Ya hear the words triple bypass surgery, and it sounds incredibly scary. At least it does to me, but I guess it is pretty common and people live with them for decades. So a little less anxious about that, still anxious about covid though. Before he came down a few days ago, I went so far as to take a home test to ensure I was not infected. I would never be able to forgive myself if I got either of my parents sick.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I feel I need to do something with people. There is that bit of me that feels unwell and avoidant. Too much time alone is not good; the unconnected feeling is no good. If I do go to a volunteering thing tomorrow I need to be all happy and talkative.

·
Administrator
9,117 Posts
Uncomfortable because I can hear something scratching against my wall, and I don’t know what it is. Maybe there is a mouse or possum in there. It sounds furry and it keeps walking around. Hopefully it isn’t the kitten I keep hearing outside.

• Sad
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Feeling pretty good, I've finished installing my fence, in a downpour.. got soaking wet.. I mean, it is like I jumped in a lake and walked out.. it was bad 🤣 I think my shoes are ruined, which sucks, but I've got my fence finished now.

It was a real pita too, because I was working from the center trying to get everything to fit right between the posts they had already installed.. But it is done now, thank the gads. My poor boat looks horrible though, thing is covered in mildew.

So feeling really good about that, I think I will have some rum tonight 🍾🙃😝

·
Terminator
13,318 Posts
Good so far, on a 5 minute break at work for now.
Uncomfortable because I can hear something scratching against my wall, and I don’t know what it is. Maybe there is a mouse or possum in there. It sounds furry and it keeps walking around. Hopefully it isn’t the kitten I keep hearing outside.
Oh man, that sucks! Hope whatever it is goes away soon and finds another human to annoy. 😬🤗

·
Administrator
9,117 Posts
Good so far, on a 5 minute break at work for now.
Oh man, that sucks! Hope whatever it is goes away soon and finds another human to annoy. 😬🤗
I thought it was going to jump out and get me when I was looking for it, but whatever it is is safely behind the wall. 🤗

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey
33741 - 33760 of 33806 Posts