Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I know that God is gonna provide me with a wife. But because I'm so shy, I'm having a problem doing my part and getting out there and talking and to make friends with girls. Basically, I have no idea how I'm gonna receive a girlfriend from God if I can't even get girls to notice me.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
I'm not religious, but this deserves a response.

To used the tried and true quote: 'god helps those who help themselves'. I'm sure there are people out there who notice your good qualities and you may have a few girls who are genuinely interested already. Girls tend to be subtle about their interest. It takes a bit to recognize. So often too, their cues are misinterpreted.

It helps if you are comfortable with yourself first, but no matter what, you simply must take a risk. It's like getting a job, the reward often outweighs the anxiety (or it should anyways). Do your best to be flirtatious and interested in what she has to say. Do your best at making plans and following through. No one is ever perfect and there's always an undercurrent of possible rejection, but what other choice is there?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
It might be helpful to explore where this shyness or SA comes from so you can go from there to overcome it. The Schema therapy based book Reinventing Your Life by Young and Klosko can be very helpful for that.

·
Socializing with myself
5,100 Posts
People call me shy, but I'm very talkative, the only way to get a gf as a shy person is to bring out the inner you.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Well, I don't know what this has to do with religion or spirituality, but anyway...

The internet can be a very useful tool for meeting people. Because the internet offers anonymity, interaction can be a lot less awkward, and you can become comfortable with people enough to possibly arrange meeting in person.

So, check out some of these websites:

http://www.eharmony.com/?cid=64951&aid=1001&kid=GOGsaGxnyX94&keyword=dating%20website&pcrid=14834119889&mt=e&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dating%20website&utm_campaign=eH_HighVolume-E_G64951

http://www.match.com/en-us/landing/...nerid=855339&gclid=CM7K2fro7asCFYxx5Qod3l1fGw

http://www.okcupid.com/

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Nothing happens whitout God's will. So the fact that u can't get a gf is His will. The reason why is His will this way...we will found out in the end. I myself didn't had a gf for like 3 years now, but as I said, I can't be mad at Him for that, at least not anymore.

That;s how I see it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Basically, I know that God is gonna provide me with a wife. But because I'm so shy, I'm having a problem doing my part and getting out there and talking and to make friends with girls. Basically, I have no idea how I'm gonna receive a girlfriend from God if I can't even get girls to notice me.
As a male, you have to make everything happen. It took me a little while to figure this out. I used to think women would help me out a little. Then I started going to bars and went on a bunch of dates from girls I met online and went through a personal bootcamp of learning about women.

If you don't initiate conversations with girls, it's possible they'll never talk to you. Every time I go into a bar nowadays, either I approach the girls and talk to them or no girl approaches me and I wind up being alone.

The biggest problem you have right now is your mentality. You say you can't get girls to notice you. The only way you'll get them to notice you is if you force yourself into their lives by talking to them.

You have to initiate, you have to open her. It works that way in all aspects of dating in many cases. You have to ask her out. You have to pick the place for a date. You have to initiate the kiss.

As for the religious thing, I am a Christian and I can tell you beware.....phrases such as God will provide can really screw you over. Many people use the "God will provide me a g/f" phrase and then they never go out and look for the g/f and wonder why they never can get the g/f. You have to make things happen in life. God doesn't give handouts to people who don't talk to others.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Find a woman who is even more shy than you are. It's one of the few scenarios in which you won't feel so intimidated, and you can commiserate to find equal footing.

·
GP = Gypsy Punk
27 Posts
Find a woman who is even more shy than you are. It's one of the few scenarios in which you won't feel so intimidated, and you can commiserate to find equal footing.
Well, I think he needs exactly the opposite!
Moreover I dont believe in stereotypes and I deem its absolutely not wrong for a girl to make the first step, of course she must do that respectfully and not arrogantly.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well, I think he needs exactly the opposite!
Moreover I dont believe in stereotypes and I deem its absolutely not wrong for a girl to make the first step, of course she must do that respectfully and not arrogantly.
I don't need the opposite, which was my frame of reference. For me, it's got nothing to do with gender. I feel most comfortable with partners who are just as shy or more shy than I am. Outgoing people make it difficult for me to behave naturally.

·
Let the siege, commence!
1,333 Posts
Back in less civilized times, if a man wanted a wife but couldn't get one, he'd pick one up the next time he raided a town, village or hamlet.

Of course, stuff like that's frowned upon today, so you'll have to find another route.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
When you already say and know that God will provide for you, and give you the right one, why do you still go searching with human haste and impatience? Unrest is never a good reason to search. Why not trust your life in hands God and know that His ways are yours? That means also that you when you ask God He will answer and receive. That means you need to have patience and show steadfastness because God's times are not ours. People saying that you need to trust only on your own ways are not living with God and through Him. Listen to God instead of them. Because God's promised He will provide anything you want and more, but at His times. Do not let this world and unbelievers deceive, confuse or worry you. You live by God's commandments not theirs.

Basically you can do everything your way or God's. When you decide to obey God you need to fully trust Him and His timing. That is what faith is about. You can try try what you want with your own ways but nothing can happen, so might as well wait on God's timing and when He will provide. His timing is always perfect and at the right time :)

·
BadMistakesGoodIntentions
747 Posts
I think once you do start making the first step, you will see doors being open to you. I remember years ago, I was always praying for God to give me a job but I never did my part because of my extreme SA. Once I started facing my fears AND praying that's when I got what I wanted.
You'll only receive things once you start making an effort and pushing yourself.

·
GP = Gypsy Punk
27 Posts
I don't need the opposite, which was my frame of reference. For me, it's got nothing to do with gender. I feel most comfortable with partners who are just as shy or more shy than I am. Outgoing people make it difficult for me to behave naturally.
Sorry, but I did not say YOU, I said HIM!

I really dont know what YOU need.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts