Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever i go anywhere i feel threatened, and places feel hostile.

It makes me feel insecure.

Its like i feel i'm constantly in danger.

Does anyone else feel really bad like this?

·
TOOL
357 Posts
Do you mean physical danger?

After I got mugged in high school, I used to constantly worry someone would attack me. Now it's not so bad, I am still very conscious of my surroundings though. For example, I always lean against the wall when I am waiting in the subway, I am scared someone will push me onto an oncoming train (there have been several instances of this happening though - some random person pushing someone).

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean physical danger?

After I got mugged in high school, I used to constantly worry someone would attack me. Now it's not so bad, I am still very conscious of my surroundings though. For example, I always lean against the wall when I am waiting in the subway, I am scared someone will push me onto an oncoming train (there have been several instances of this happening though - some random person pushing someone).
Me too, i feel this way everytime i leave the house.

It feels like someones always out to get me.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
There are so many horror stories in the news that I worry about this, too. I wonder if the guy standing beside me is some psycho killer that's going to attack me.

It's not healthy thinking that way, though.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are so many horror stories in the news that I worry about this, too. I wonder if the guy standing beside me is some psycho killer that's going to attack me.

It's not healthy thinking that way, though.
Uh oh, i forgot about guys like that. :| I think we need to watch something else on tv.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I work the night shift which means walking to work at 10:30 p.m. and walking home at 5 a.m., neither of which is particularly safe. I always worry about getting attacked or mugged, so much so that I always leave my bank card, credit card and cash at home. The ony thing I have in my wallet is my health card and my punch card for work. I don't feel as bad during the daytime, but sometimes I worry about running into some weirdo or drunk who will make a scene and embarrass me in front of everyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
is it a feeling of being physically threatened?

or psychologically bullied?

i went through a phase at work where i felt like i was going to be bullied, and i felt so mentally weak that i would just fall apart if they started picking on me.

i think i was just alone too much at the time. somehow it went away and i kept working there.

luckily i was put on a different shift and worked with different people...

·
Banned
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it a feeling of being physically threatened?

or psychologically bullied?

i went through a phase at work where i felt like i was going to be bullied, and i felt so mentally weak that i would just fall apart if they started picking on me.

i think i was just alone too much at the time. somehow it went away and i kept working there.

luckily i was put on a different shift and worked with different people...
Mostly this actually. I think physical stuff can be intimidating, but i rarely get that. Its all talk against me usually.

Its always hard when you feel alone when your "out there".

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have fought this "everyone is against me feeling my whole life". But, so many ridiculous, unnecessary, stupid things have happened to me that I can't help but feel it. I hate society, have for a long time, and try as I have to shake this umpteenth times, things always fall apart and I can't shake the feeling. I think the average person in this world is the dumbest MF on the planet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I do all the time & I think for good reason.
I've had a large number of physical & psychological personal experiences like many of you but even someone who hasn't doesn't have to be a genius to look around to family members , their city, the news to see the world is a dangerous place.

Beaver Cleaver and Opie & Andy are hard to find these days.

My neighborhood the last year and a half or so has gotten really bad.
The world is closing in & I no longer feel safe in the front yard even.

The stuff you describe like the subway exactly. On edge all the time never knowing or just waiting for the next attack. It is really sad.
sad people do these things & sad social anxiety disorder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts