Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pariah
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else a fan of the recent horror shows like American Horror Story, Hannibal, and Bates Motel? Which do you prefer / why?

Hannibal is probably my favorite all together, my favorite AHS season was Asylum, and I'm least fond of Bates Motel and Coven.

Excited about Hannibal S3, AHS: Freakshow?

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
To be honest, I've given up on AHS. This last season really bugged me. But I do love Hannibal. Have you watched Penny Dreadful? Maybe you'd like it.

·
Pariah
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, I've given up on AHS. This last season really bugged me. But I do love Hannibal. Have you watched Penny Dreadful? Maybe you'd like it.
I think that season 3 was an outlier, as S1 and Asylum were great. I read that Freak Show will be more like Asylum so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't, what's it about?

The Walking Dead is great.

I didn't watch any other.
I recommend taking a look then, though not sure if it'd be your thing; The Walking Dead isn't really a horror, or at least in a very different way than the others.

·
Banned
6,269 Posts
I think that season 3 was an outlier, as S1 and Asylum were great. I read that Freak Show will be more like Asylum so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't, what's it about?
Here's the trailer for it.

Copied this from Wikipedia.

"The title refers to the penny dreadfuls, a type of 19th-century cheap British fiction publication with lurid and sensational subject matter. The series draws upon many public domain characters from 19th-century Irish and British fiction, including Dorian Gray from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, Mina Harker from Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Victor Frankenstein and his monster from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein."

·
Registered
303 Posts
SO excited for Hannibal S3..Wondering how in the world theyre gonna film it though. I think it's kind of ruined me for all other tv shows though because it's made so beautifully

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am very much a fan of Bates Motel. The relationship between Norma and Norman is amazingly creepy. I hope they focus more on the two of them is season 3. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Just started the first season of Hannibal and watched the first couple of episodes of Penny Dreadful. I watched the 2 seasons of The Following a while ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
About to finish the last season of Bates Motel. I loved AHS their first two seasons honestly I hated Cove, it just sold out. I have big expectations for freak show, for it to be creepy and strange. I have never watched Hannibal...what is it about? I want something creepy! I know Dexter doesn't enter in the horror genre, but do any of you fancy it?

·
Pariah
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About to finish the last season of Bates Motel. I loved AHS their first two seasons honestly I hated Cove, it just sold out. I have big expectations for freak show, for it to be creepy and strange. I have never watched Hannibal...what is it about? I want something creepy! I know Dexter doesn't enter in the horror genre, but do any of you fancy it?
I didn't really like Bates Motel so much, and same with Coven. According to Ryan Murphy it'll be more creepy like Asylum. Hannibal is a television show based on Thomas Harris' book series about Hannibal Lecter, a psychiatrist / cannibal. He is my favorite fictional character. You can get an overview of Dr. Lecter by watching the film adaptation of one of the books, The Silence of the Lambs, which won lots of Golden Globe and Academy awards, and is certainly very creepy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Also don't know if counts as horror but just finished watching "In the Flesh". Yet another zombie themed tv show, but I actually found this to be more enjoyable then I expected

·
hermit
754 Posts
I have to agree with you on Hannibal, it's incredible! I'm a huge fan of Bates Motel and The Walking Dead, AHS not so much. I only liked the first season though.

Have you heard of Deadset? It's a really great zombie series. I haven't seen any other zombie show that can top it yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts