Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite/most hated horror films of 2012?

My 5 best

Cabin in The Woods

The Bay

V/H/S

Sinister

REC 3 Genesis

My Bottom 5

The Devil Inside

Silent Hill Revelation 3D

Paranormal Activity 4

Chernobyl Diaries

Grave Encounters 2

Tell me yours and what you think about my picks!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The only two horror movies i saw, were Cabin in the Woods, and Paranormal Activity 4. Cabin in the Woods was great. Paranormal Activity sucked.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Chernobyl diaries was too slow-paced for me..well, I did get a few scares though lol

Cabin in the woods was really fun and unique

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Top 5

Cabin in the Woods
The Loved Ones
The Collection
Sinister
Chained

Honorable mention: Excision, Cockneys vs Zombies, The Woman in Black, V/H/S

Didn't watch enough bad horrors to make a bottom 5.

·
I have no heart!!
1,517 Posts
cabin in the woods
silent hill revalation
chernobyl diaries
the devil inside me

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
The only horror flicks I seen last year was Cabin in the Woods it was pretty good. I don't they make good horrors anymore to be honest.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Worst?Underworld, Resident Evil (both latest), The Apparition, The Collection...list is long.

The Possession was best for me, which shows how crappy 2012 was for horrors.

The Loved Ones was released in 2009 (2012 in America), which i agree, is good.

The Cabin In The Woods ISN'T a horror.Anyone who calls that a horror is out of his mind.Just cause people go around, and are getting killed by zombies, doesn't mean it's a horror.Horror has to be scary.

The Cabin In The Woods isn't, since it was kind of a comedy/parody.It was good, but if you call that a horror, then what would you call "Inside (À l'intérieur)" or The Shining? Sci-Fi?

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
i liked Chernobyl diaries lol... i didnt see any others though.... i want to see mama, meh ill get around to it eventually

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Please, anyone explain to me, how the hell you can call "The Cabin in the Woods" a horror?

Through whole movie it's more focused on comedy, and of making fun of horror genre.How is that a horror?

And did it really scare you, at all? Or did you laugh?

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Please, anyone explain to me, how the hell you can call "The Cabin in the Woods" a horror?

Through whole movie it's more focused on comedy, and of making fun of horror genre.How is that a horror?

And did it really scare you, at all? Or did you laugh?
You have to put Cabin in the Woods in the horror section because Scream is in the horror section, it has horror conventions, yeah it's not scary and more funny but it has lots of blood and gore.

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
So, Sinister is good? I will have a look... I hated the beginning of SH:Revelations.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Scream Imo is rather thriller, than horror.

I agree, The Cabin in the Woods is pretty good (at least to me), but I'd never put it in same box as The Shining, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and countless other horrors.

Horror-comedy, yes, like Dead End, Doghouse, Shaun of the Dead, etc...just horror?Never.It's not scary, and horrors have to be scary, and/or disgusting, at least to me.

Mainly, what doesn't make sense to me is when someone in "best horror movie of ______" puts a horror-comedy in it, since it's usually, like in this case, a lot closer to comedy than horror.

To put this easier, horror = scary, horror-comedy = funny, and not scary.

But thanks for the answer :)

·
SAS Member
269 Posts
Am I the only person in the world that believes Cabin in the Woods wasn't all that good...I found the whole movie to be cheesy and typical, also the ending was a WTF?

·
Writer
2,521 Posts
I haven't seen it, but i dislike comedy-horror. Not sure how much CITW is in that category though.

·
Banned
840 Posts
I loved Cabin In The Woods, but I don't really compare it to straight up horror movies. It's more of a horror-comedy.

I thought Sinister totally sucked. I find the concept of snuff films really creepy so I had high expectations, and they turned it into an extremely generic ghost story.

VHS was decent, some of the stories were better than others. It started off slow but it got better.

REC 3 - meh, this didn't feel right. I also don't like REC 2 though, the first REC was awesome and I like to pretend it stands alone.

I haven't seen the others, I fell asleep while watching Paranormal Activity 1, 2, and 3 (and I watched them all separately) so I doubt I'd like 4. I love horror films but while I don't mean to sound pretentious, I am skeptical about Hollywood horror films nowadays.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I havent seen any of these, but my answer would be: The one with the most boobs :) haha... is still so that the 2nd prettiest girl gets killed, the black guy too but the most pretty and the "cool" white guy survive and fight all the zombies and win at the end ?? SO BORING *snore* I test downloaded some "newer" horror / splatter movies (from 2008-2012 or so) and everyone of them sucked - sorry. Earlier horror films at least had a story and some fun/humour (like Friday 13th etc.)... I only kept the parts with boobs.....he :p

Btw:

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/the-100-best-horror-films-the-full-list

the best horror films, as voted for by over 100 experts including Simon Pegg and Roger Corman

·
Just a normal lad.
937 Posts
Cabn in the woods copied evil dead

1 - 20 of 31 Posts