Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening to me for a long time. Whenever i sleep or wake up or feel sleepy I keep picturing my family suffering whether it could be something i saw on TV or just something i think of, I always picture things like my mother getting beat up in a brutal fashion or my father getting tortured and screaming, or think that they are getting bullied at work. I even have dreams about them like one where my mothers head decapitated and hanging and she was still talking to me telling me not to worry or where my mother, father and brother were drowning and i had to choose who to save I'd swim one up shore and go back for the other again to find they keep sinking. I hate these thoughts i avoid sleeping sometimes and some nightmares I get are really frightening and sometimes disturbing that I don't even want to mention anything incase you may think differently of me.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
I don't wanna say too much right now but i experience traumatic flashbacks too if i don't keep busy like my mind begins to wander to images of like my brother being beat and suffocated or like my little sister being molested and other stuff that i witnessed at an early and obviously extremely vulnerable age.

Speaking of which i should really talk to someone about it instead of bottling it up.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
What I write may sound stupid or strange but be careful not to sleep when your head is close to one of those electricity outlets. Those things mess up your sleep and give you nightmares.

It can be also related to the medication you are using.

But the most certain thing is that these nightmares seem to be related to unresolved family issues as you write they are always about your parents.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't wanna say too much right now but i experience traumatic flashbacks too if i don't keep busy like my mind begins to wander to images of like my brother being beat and suffocated or like my little sister being molested and other stuff that i witnessed at an early and obviously extremely vulnerable age.

Speaking of which i should really talk to someone about it instead of bottling it up.
Sorry to hear that about your sister bro, you can talk to us about it if you like?

Can't say I've had any trauma in the past , i got molested once but wasn't anything that scared me, guess somethings during my upbringing. Truth is i don't know why i get these thoughts, yeah i kinda get when you mentioned how your mind starts to wander, and one thing would leads to another and it'll all be stretched a little too far, kinda like JD from scrubs.

It could be OCD I've had problems with ocd before, like cleaning, thought patterns and rituals.

Some of these dream and images are things that i just sort of conjure up not on purpose i don't know how or why.

·
Registered
324 Posts
my mind begins to wander to images of like my brother being beat and suffocated or like my little sister being molested and other stuff that i witnessed at an early and obviously extremely vulnerable age.
If these are things that you actually witnessed then it wouldn't be OCD but more likely Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I hope you will talk to a professional about it soon.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your sister bro. i got molested as a kid once, but there's obviously a difference between that and what you saw happen to your family. Truth is i don't know why i get these thoughts, yeah i kinda get when you mentioned how your mind starts to wander, and one thing would leads to another and it'll all be stretched a little too far, kinda like JD from scrubs.

It could be OCD I've had problems with ocd before, like cleaning, thoought patterns and rituals.

Some of these dream and images are things that i just sort of conjure up not on purpose i don't know how, some of them make me feel like a demon, I'm gonna tell you this one but if i delete it later please understand why. This dream i had was the only reason i chose to post the thread.
i dreamt that i was sawing off a baby's legs with a chainsaw and they kept regenerating and while they were cut they were people that were making her laugh while she was crying, then after she'd laugh i'd cut them off again. Now you tell me why am i getting ****ed up dreams like these i'm not even kidding this is not a joke i'm too ashamed of going to my doc about this how could i possibly tell himsomething like that. I felt so ****ed up that day i avoided work and stayed away from everyone and didn't speak much that day.
Whoa sorry to hear that seriously .

Have you taken any medication in the past ?

The reason why i ask is because i tried Antidepressants/SSRI's once and they gave me really graphic nightmares like REALLY horrific scary *** nightmares that were so bad that i have not and will not take meds again.

I can understand why you wouldn't wanna tell anyone and it really must be horrifying to experience those images.

That sucks that it's beginning to take a toll on your work and personal life too, do you think if you were to see a doc they'd section you or talk to you like you were crazy or something ?

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
If these are things that you actually witnessed then it wouldn't be OCD but more likely Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I hope you will talk to a professional about it soon.
Yeah i sometimes think it may be post traumitic stress but i don't wanna sound like a hypochondriac or nothing.

I've told a previous therapist about it but they just wrote it down and that was that i don't think she really knew how to go about it what with her being a trainee n all it just kinda shocked her and then we kinda like just forgot about it really and moved on to CBT.

I think 'll see a doc about it though cos it kinda consuming sometimes and i can't concentrate when i'm at my class or nothing like my mind tends to wander to like... well stuff i shouldn't of seen at that age n then i'll get in trouble cos i'll miss what i'd been taught cuz i was too busy experiencing like flashbacks kinda thing also the flashbacks come a lot more when i'm stressed like i'll just be bombarded with all the horrific **** i witnessed which kinda contributes to the fact that i OD so much aww man it's such a cluster**** sometimes but blah i'll see what the docs gotta say to it.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Maybe you could speak to a counselor about the nightmares. It might have to do with anxiety or insecurity or stress because I can have some really intense violent dreams at times, especially when I am more stressed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts