Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear friends,

i m 28. i m working in a reputed organisation right now. since childhood, i was very shy in nature n not found any guardian support to participate in cultural activities. thats why my socialization not taken place,

Now, i have severe social anxiety. whenever i feel that somebody watching my or assessing my behaviour, i find myself in trouble. even if doing any normal conversation during meeting with colleauges, i feel very uncomfortable. if forced to talk few words among them, the stuation become very horrible at tht time for me, it causes, shaking voice, sweating in even cool room, abnormal heart beat....what i say about that situation, i feel big depression and deep humiliation after that among my colleauges. due to this problem even i can't sat what i m? my personal ans professional life become checked due to this.

Dear all, please help me n suggest what should i do to cure it? i can do everything do erase it from my personality, if you all know about any medicine, pls tell me.

I will b really big thankful to anybody who help me in this horrible situation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First step would see a doctor...there is help out there (and medication)

You are shy speaking to people at work, first at all everyone is shy. You are not alone. We all worry how others will think...but why? Think back in time...last year in summer...that person in the supermarket who spoke to you in July... you dont remember...dont you. Well it is just an example...we are surrounded by so many people that many dont even remember us...it is normal...everone is so worried to think about themselfs that they simply dont have time to remember everyone.

Have you tried to give someone a compliment? You could try this...think about it...everyone remembers a compliment...we all like them. You give one to someone...it needs to be genuin...like...oh thats a great T-shirt, shoes...etc.

Yes it will be hard for you ...but people will like you for it...and remembers you in a positive way...you will feel good afterwards, because you put a smile on someones face.

It maybe will also help you to be able to speak out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts