Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go back to school mid september, and I haven't had a job since late 2007-only ever had 1 job as a studemnt assistant on campus

I only have 2 referneces and they suck

Anyone know a store or whatver at a place where I'm sure to get hired and I can just leave 2 references to call, and only one job history?

Keep in mind I have SA(duh) and that I'm gonna have to quit when I go back to school-but I'm just gonna lie at first and say I plan to go back to school in like March, and then I'll quuit and say I decided to go back to school earlier-Can I quit on the spot or do I have to quit 2 weeks in advance cuz in that case, I'll be freakin quitting like 5 days after I start.......-Is it the same for all hourly paid positionns in stores or whtver?

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
You're a student & young enough to the point I would doubt job experience & references are going to factor much. You could go to any box retail store(Walmart, etc) & get a job. When mid September rolls around have a semi-honest conversation with your boss, explain the situation, & don't be afraid to ask if you could come back on breaks. They probably see this all the time & might be willing to work with you. Good Luck :D

Edit: Ditto to Gurl Wonder's call center idea.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Call Center

A call center will hire you just for having a pulse. At least the one's I've worked at. Another bonus is that a call center usually has very flexible hours, good if you are a student.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts