Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you sort of having one of those 'I am lonely' moments, do you ever wish that someone sort of knew what was going on and offered to help. Someone who knew you wanted to interact with other people but just couldn't do so because you are too scared. One of those, I wish you knew I need your help right now, thoughts.

Just a though before I call it a night...

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I think we probably all do and that is why I have told those close to me. I'm lucky since I have a very close family who are always there when I need them and having my parents, mainly my mum completely understanding me situation has been great for me on so many occasions.

·
Banned
133 Posts
This is an absolute human need! Everybody needs somebody to talk to when they are feeling lonely, down, and out. You can always talk to people here or myself and find encouragement. If you think your anxiety is really going to cause this issue or already does cause this issue on a regular basis, it is time to make more friends and create a stronger support network. A great option to help you get on your way is to go see a counselor (not a therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist) because it seems that this profession is the greatest help for anxiety. I tried counseling a couple times and found it VERY BENIFICIAL. A counselor's job is to listen to your difficulties and help you work through them so that you can handle these difficulties independently. If it's too expensive or doesn't fit into your schedule, we're always here for you, and if you use both the help of this forum and your counselor, that is even more beneficial! Just remember that the people at this forum are here to help you and listen to your difficulties if you have nowhere else to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts