Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My therapist assigned me with some homework this week...

"You need to spend the week really stating who you are but it doesn't have to be static, meaning it can change. This is only who you are right now. Ask yourself questions and come up with answers for now. They need to be honest answers that are not going to be judged. You need to think of 20 questions you would ask someone else about who they are and then turn around and ask the the questions of yourself."

He asked me to do this because I am trying to really figure out who I am, what I like to do, etc. In the past I usually just like whatever whoever I am with or around likes. If they like the their food a certain way, then I did too. I would usually let someone else order food before I did and then I'd order similar. I did this out of fear of what they would think about me. It has always been hard for me to tell people what my "favorites" are. My counselor is having me do this to help me to figure out the things that I enjoy doing or even the things that I don't like about myself. So, can you guys help me come up with some good questions that I can answer? :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, I wouldn't mind giving some question suggestions. This sounds like good homework :D . How about -

What is your favorite genre of music? (and if not genre, then maybe your favorite musician, or favorite songs that you enjoy at the moment).

What is your favorite/most-enjoyed subject in school?

How do you like the city/town that you are currently living in? Where would you live if you could move? Where would you most like to vacation to?

I can't think of anymore at the momemt :no. but I wouldn't mind asking these questions to someone I just met.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts