Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to my first homecoming and it sucked terribly. At first I was walking around, searching for someone to talk to( I came alone). I found one of my friends and we talked for a bit but she had a date so it didn't last long. So after awkwardly standing alone trying to make myself dance- some guy walks up and starts talking to me. At first I was like 'this is great!' The guy was a goofy nerd type and a year younger than me. At first he was funny, but then he just got really annoying. He danced like a five year old pretty much just goofy and all over the place. I tried to be whatever about it and just be happy that I had someone to talk to. He did introduce me to some people but he was just annoying. Then he asked if I wanted to be his date for the night and I said sure cuz I kind of felt like I had to say sure. A few minutes later I just couldn't take it anymore so I lied and said I had to leave because of a curfew. He asks for a hug and my cell number. I hug him completely awkardly probably because I've never touched a boy before. I figure 'great now I can leave and never see him again'. But then it gets better, as I turn to leave he asks me for my cell number and by now I'm so ready to leave I just give it to him and I know I'm going to regret this later. :/ A very terrible horrible night that I only participated in to humor my family. So I was wondering how your homecomings have been, if u had a good experience or a bad one??

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I only went to 1 school dance when I was in HS. That was the Halloween dance and it was horrible :(. I was with one other person the entire time. He didn't talk much though. He might have had SA now that I think about it (he was by far the quietest kid in the whole school). But I wasn't gonna be a jerk and ditch him (just so I could be by myself), and he's a good guy so I was with him the whole night. I felt like such a loser while everyone else was having a good time. :sigh, bad memories. That dance scared me away from going to the prom. I'm just glad high school is over. Anyway, sorry to hear you had such a bad time :(, I'd try to cheer you up but I don't really know how :um lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.