Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
837 Posts
I find it funny how everyone becomes preoccupied with issues that involve Sarah Palin in some way. About a year ago no one cared about what was happening in Alaska, and now everyone's concerned about its wildlife all of the sudden :lol

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A LOT of people care about this topic, myself included. It's gotten a lot of heat but i'll agree, when everyone else was super pre-occupied with what's going on in her (palin's) family they should've REALLY been putting their focus on what she was doing back home. I'm glad people like ashley judd are taking a stand for this issue.

·
Vegan
1,530 Posts
A LOT of people care about this topic, myself included. It's gotten a lot of heat but i'll agree, when everyone else was super pre-occupied with what's going on in her (palin's) family they should've REALLY been putting their focus on what she was doing back home. I'm glad people like ashley judd are taking a stand for this issue.
:ditto Because of this issue, I'd read about Palin many months before she ran for VP. There were lots of discussions online about Palin and her love of aerial wolf killing during the campaign. Most people were disgusted by it, as was I.

It's disturbing that people can watch a wolf being shot in this video and be in agony like this and say they don't care and then laugh. No wonder I like most nonhuman animals better than most humans.

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
ooooh Ashley Judd.... A-list :lol
Another political opinion from a celebrity that nobody asked for. Ashley Judd you're beautiful but you should stick to your at best average acting and looking good at Kentucky basketball games.
Well, if a lot of people did, they could probably do better than ashley judd :lol
I wonder what else Hollywood thinks on other issues. I must check with them to know what I'm supposed to think.
YES! My first multi-multipost!
You guys are hilarious!!!!!! I love this!!11!11 :haha :haha :haha
I agree with all y'alls: :boogie :boogie :boogie

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a feeling half the people disagreeing with me in this thread are just posting to see themselves type and have no real basis for their disagreements whatsoever. About the ashley judd thing i as well as a growing number of others were always more about the CAUSE and it just felt refreshing to know a celebrity is speaking up for it as well. The idea of running a wolf down from a helicopter until it was completely out of breath and exhausted then shooting it point-blank range is simply disgusting to me. And it gets worse. Palin's offering money for severed wolf legs n such and she's encouraging the shooting of wolf cubs. Y'all should check it out.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have a feeling half the people disagreeing with me in this thread are just posting to see themselves type and have no real basis for their disagreements whatsoever.
Yeah, that must be it. :roll

If you must know, here are my objections to it:

1) In the spectrum of what we need to worry about every single day, this issue seems to trivial and minor to worry about. While a few people do do this sort of thing, I suspect it's a hobby of the rich, which means there probably aren't that many.

2) If Sarah Palin wasn't connected to this issue, would anybody care? Probably not. Myself, and I'm sure many others, see this as simply a continuation of all the election crap that she got. It's understandable when you are running for major office, but not after the election is over.

3) The Ashley Judd thing: celebrities tend to look at these issues in a very superficial way. They tend to get a career boost out of it, yet, they rarely know about the subject too deeply, nor do they use their ample resources to much about it. And I just happen to think this whole raising awareness thing is a fraud anyway, since you don't really need a celebrity to do that if the cause was truly worth it

·
Banned
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, aerial hunting in alaska was a controversial issue from the start. And then we got to hear the lovely joy that the woman who could potentially be the next vice president was a big champion of it. And if ashley judd just wanted a career boost than she would've put herself on the platform of one of those issues that AREN'T too "trivial and minor to worry about". Yeah it would be nice if we could just put this completely on the backburner and focus all our attention on what's gonna help our pocketbooks, but if some of us aren't willing to care about more than ourselves than than this world would truly be doomed more-so than it already is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.