Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Just wanted to say hello... I've just found this forum after deciding yesterday that I need to face my social anxiety head-on, as I'm missing out on so much in life and it's only getting worse. Yesterday I had anxiety over seeing a friend of some 15 years. It's ludicrous, I know, but he picked up on my anxiety. I shrugged it off with excuses, but I can't keep doing that, so I need to fix it. Anyway, hello to everyone, I look forward to providing moral support and receiving some too as we try to get over this debilitating problem.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hello Mekong! Welcome to SAS and I hope you find this place useful :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey mekong, welcome to :sas

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi mekong, welcome to the forums :)

Anxiety is a strange thing, isn't it? I get really bad anxiety over seeing my older brother and his wife and children. I don't know why, and it is really frustrating.

I hope being on these forums helps you to overcome your anxieties, I am sure it will help :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Mekong! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for the welcome :)

I'm seeing the same friend again tonight (as well as others) and I'm anxious that he will quiz me about my anxiousness, but I am preparing myself as best as I can, and trying to look forward to going out rather than dread it.

Anyway, see you in the other forums :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts