Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Poster of Random Nothings
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess I'll just introduce myself.

My name is Anthony. I've never been officially diagnosed with social anxiety disorder (or any disorder for that matter), but I've been reading a lot about this and it seems to fit.

When I was a kid I was considered the "loner" in my class. My teachers noticed about third grade that I didn't seem to have any friends. I would be helpful when asked things, but couldn't talk much to people on my own initiative. When I had to touch other people in class I would blush and my hands would start sweating. When I have to talk to people my mouth gets all dry and I start to stumble and ramble. Needless to say, this is very irritating.

Strangely, I started playing a game called World of Warcraft. Some of you may have heard about it. It's helped with being able to talk to people somewhat, but it's also pointed out just how uncomfortable I am in my own skin.

I figure this might be a forum of like-minded people who have similar experiences and would like to talk some. Anyhow, that's my overly-informative introduction. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Anthony :wel

I play alot of tactical & first person shooter games. I've heard a lot of good things about W.O.W the last few years and how popular it is with guys & girls.
Going to have to try it.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Anthony :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts