Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put up a 80 lb. punching bag in my apartment and got a set of boxing gloves.

I've been surprised how much anxiety I burn off by just hitting it for 10 minutes. Other exercise does this for me (running, biking, lifting weights, etc.), but not nearly as fast or as much. Also, they require leaving my apartment, whereas with the punching bag I can put on some upbeat music and go at it right at home.

It also helps with frustration. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would sometimes hit a punching bag after getting home from high school.

I like to run a lot too. I found a really good gym where no one pays that much attention to me, and going there and running on the treadmill makes me feel a lot better. One of the best things in the world for me is running really fast while I have loud music from my iPod playing in my ears.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I recently put up a 80 lb. punching bag in my apartment and got a set of boxing gloves.
that sounds really fun. my neighbors would wonder what the hell i was doing though. :um

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
im gona do it now! :D

im gona beat the stuffings out of it!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I love hitting the bag, practicing Karate. Practicing various combos and perfecting my form, as well as letting out the frustration. It's basically my cardio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts