Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I part with anybody especially loved ones I always say goodbye as if it were the last time we were to talk. They don't always know it but I get these images of them being hit by a bus, or murdered brutally, or just any horrific scene. Sometimes I imagine it will happen to me and that's why we won't see each other again. I have always had a grand imagination. Does this happen to anyone else?

I tell my husband sometimes... Don't get hit by a bus. Try to come home please. Don't let them kill you. He just laughs at me. But I am serious.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I often experience irrational thoughts such as these. Part of my OCD. I try to counter them by asking myself how unlikely these things are to happen. Or how irrational these thoughts are. But often they keep comming beck to me all day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is...

I often experience irrational thoughts such as these. Part of my OCD. I try to counter them by asking myself how unlikely these things are to happen. Or how irrational these thoughts are. But often they keep comming beck to me all day.
The thing is... where I live these things aren't that unlikely. There has been an increase in persons found dead with organs removed around here. And the buses drive like maniacs. And there is a lot of crime around here.

So I don't know if it's unreasonable or not...

·
Banned
974 Posts
I never tell anyone goodbye...ever. I always be sure to say, "see you later", "take care, "have a good day",or "i love you", if its someone I love. Goodbye does sound final. Maybe instead of thinking of the worst that could happen. Condition your mind to think happy positive thoughts of what could happen.

Its just an idea that works for me. :stu

·
164 Posts
I'm the same way. I even made a thread about my "irrational" fears not too long ago. At the time I was mostly worried about being brutally murdered myself, but lately I'm worried about it happening to everyone else. I picture the most horrific things! My fear even prevents me from visiting my parents out of town, because I worry that my boyfriend will die while I'm gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts