Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
baby you're a lost cause
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im watching some late night tv-shop thing, and they selling some sort of baldness cure.

I love how primitive and crude it is, how explicitly they attack basic emotions.

Plenty of montages of beautiful women hugging and running their hands through some middle aged playas thick hair.

Then they got some poor hairless looser chatting up some girls on a bench, and the girls just giggle their asses of and walk away.No love for you baldielocks hahah.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
We have one here for a aluminum water bottle. The lady describes how drinking plastic water bottles can cause people to drink chemicals that come off the inside or something. Then, she says that bottled water is really tap water. Buying the aluminum bottle with a wide mouth (FOR ICE!) will make you want to drink more water.

:roll

My all-time favorite commercials here in the States were the Thunder Hand-Blender that was spoofed with "The Miracle Spoon". The other was only shown for a while, but was for the Pulsewave Myotron. "It was not a stun gun"....YES, it WAS! :lol The little scenes were it would be used were hilarious!

·
Positively Revolting Hag
6,547 Posts
:lol

I find dieting/weight loss ads hilarious. Especially when they're showing these people with rock hard abs and they're saying "yeah, if you drink this or eat this or take this pill you'll look like this." Yeah, cause you can really get rock hard abs from doing that. What's even funnier is that people fall for it...

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
My favorite informercial for baldness was a can of black spray gunk that you just sprayed on the bald spot - ingenious Will Robinson!

I can't believe some of these informercials are legal (We'll make you larger in that special area (lawyer reviewed to prevent legal backlash - we didn't specify!), you'll lose 75 pounds in one day, you will get 450 miles per gallon, you'll become a millionaire overnight with my new system, buy government seized ferrari's for six dollars, etc., etc.

P.T. Barnum was right.

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
Just the other day, there were three commercials in a row for sex products on the AMC channel. The first was a KY ad, then it was an Extenze ad, and the last was a Trojan female toy ad.

·
Dude
604 Posts
The HD glasses informercial cracks me up. "Now you can experience life in HD!" I always thought reality was best.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I've always loved the "Head On- apply directly to the forehead" commercial. It gets straight to the point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts