Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Would you go to your 20 year High School reunion ?

• Yes- whatever people think of me, I am me.

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • No- would feel judged and lacking

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Would have to take something or drink a lot beforehand.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Maybe with a friend/partner supporting me

Votes: 18 26.9%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 20 year in September and there is no way I could face it, feel I would be judged to death, classmates discussing successes............has anyone gone and enjoyed one ?

·
Registered
984 Posts
No, I don't think it would be because I felt judged necessarily but because there would be no point. I had no friends and no life other than being in my own head at that period of my life. If I really believed "high school will be the best time of your life" I would have honestly killed myself.

If you've made something of yourself and had good times in high school then I say why not, there will always be people who will condemn and judge no matter what you do.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
how about a "I just wouldn't do it" option, I wouldn't go, but it was because I have nothing to remember there, seeing people and their happy lives may make me depressed, and I never really knew that many people anyway, and the ones I do know, 3 of them, I talk to on xbox live so I don't need to go to a reunion to see them, even though I never see them in the first place and just keep it on xbox. Its better to just forget it and hope I can have a new life somewhere else.

·
Geese
20,769 Posts
i would be anxious about it but I would definitely make the effort to go, I am achieving enough in my life atm to be proud of my achievements amongst others as well and would love to know what others have gotten up to.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
No. Even if I was rich and successful I wouldn't go. I have no desire to see any of those people again. I didn't know them well and it would just be awkward.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
I went to the 10 year reunion. It was the same groups hanging out together, the same girls were pregnant and the food was lousy.
I didn't go to the 20, s5 or 30 years. I have little interest in those people anymore.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My ten year HS reunion was last year and I didn't go. High school was an unpleasant experience for me and I have no interest in reliving the memories with a bunch of people I didn't like.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I've never gone to one but I would if invited.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would go. Or plan to at least. People didnt like me at school, and dont now. I only left about two years ago, but I see people that are still clearly 'bothered' by me and it just makes me laugh. Other peoples opinions bother me but school people cant hurt me anymore. I have been a bit 'controversial' so people either kiss my *** or hate me. I find it rather amusing so I would go.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
20 years isn't far away in my case; it would be 2011 for me.

I had no interaction with these people when I was in HS, so why would I go now to see what they've all done with their life? Which in every case, would be more than I have.

The only thing I have going for me is I'm not the weirded member of the class of 1991. Back in 1993 one of my former classmates (who seemed mildly retarded -- though I'm not sure what his issue was) gunned down the principal of our former HS. He was nutty enough that I could immediately guess who did it even before his name was released on the news.

Thanks to him I can't rank any worse than 2nd place for most odd.

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
Meh, probably not. I'm not really interested in what people from my high school have been up to. (That's what facebook is for... : P)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I hated high school, and everybody in it. I wouldn't dream of going to any such reunion.

Actually, I don't think my school does that sort of thing.

The only exception would be if I were to get a Ph.D. Then I would go and rub it in my teachers' faces, as they used to tell me I wasn't cut out to graduate HS, never mind postsecondary.

As for the students: I couldn't care less about them.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I hated high school, and everybody in it. I wouldn't dream of going to any such reunion.
:agree (except I don't hate anyone at my school- I just hate the way most people treat me).

I only have one year of high school left. Once I graduate, I am not stepping foot in that building again!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts