Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did you / will you attend your HS reuinion?

• Without a doubt!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
hmm probably not.. unless some high school buddies told me to go.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Probably not. Unless maybe I became famous somehow; then I could go back and everybody'd be like, "HE was in our graduating class????" You have to realize that, as it is, probably nobody would remember me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 10 year reunion was in July and I didn't go. I did hate some of high school, but I really do have fond memories of the one school that I attended for the longest (I went to 4 different high schools!). I went to a big school where it was very easy to hide and not be noticed if you wanted. I did make a couple very good friends, but they were all a grade below me, so they wouldn't have been at the reunion unfortunately, and actually, I highly doubt they'd have gone anyway, lol.

I did consider going, but I realized that since I really liked my school, I'd rather not face the possibility of going to the reunion and having a horrible time. What if no one remembered me? To be honest, there are very few people that I would probably even remember myself! It would have been nice to see how everyone turned out, though. Maybe when the 20 year reunion rolls around I'll be feeling more brave! At this point, I'd rather not tarnish good memories. But who knows, maybe it would have been fun. I doubt it, though.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
I did go to my 10 year. It was the same little groups hanging out and getting drunk again. The same girls were pregnant. The only thing that seemed any different was that one of the cheerleaders had married the Jr High football coach.

I probably will not be going to any more.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No way. To many bad memories of high school.

·
"Semi-retired" SAS Member
1,006 Posts
My 10 year is coming up next year... if there is one, I'm NOT going. Yeah, they can all go to hell. I feel just as strongly about it now as I did when I deliberately 'forgot' to go to the graduation ceremony--- a decision I never regretted. I wouldn't even buy a ****ing cap and gown--ha. Picked up my diploma at the office the week after. I'm still proud that I made a stand for once in my life. High School SUCKS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Nope.

First off, I received the invitation the day the RSVPs were supposed to have been collected.

I deliberately went "out of town" the night of the dinner. They had actually planned an all-weekend event kind of thing, ending with a picnic for the families. All this crap took place within three miles of my house - blech!

The last thing I would want to see is my classmates' bragging about what they have, etc.

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
6,888 Posts
I said "no," but if I ever overcome my shyness and become extremely successful I'd love to go back and rub it in my torturers faces. I know that sounds petty. It is, but in all honesty I'd still enjoy it. They did horrible things to me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.