Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive had social anxiety for a while now, it started when I became the only single person among my friends and family. I feel uncomfortable going to family functions so I don't go and lately I don't feel up to going with friends either for the same reason. I feel very self conscious about my status because im 42 and most people my age at least have a child or have either been married or are married or dating someone. I got close to having a husband twice and I think my neediness got in the way. I wanted to be with him and he needed his space and time to himself and I barely saw him.. unfortunately, I found out he was seeing other women also..and now im afraid to get hurt AGAIN. this has been the second time I was cheated on, I dated more in my twenties and early thirties, but lately things look bleak, and the men are even more picky even though they are older and now they have kids, and some are already, widowed in their fourties and fifties..anyway, I just feel like I need to get myself to the point of getting out there and not worrying what people think anymore..thank you for reading this,

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, WantToGetBetter! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts