Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am 24 and I decided to join because I need guidance I guess. My former therapist said I have social anxiety disorder and some agoraphobia which has led me to be severely depressed. I graduated from college last May which almost didn't happen because my anxiety took over. After graduation I had to move back home with my parents and brothers.

For the first few months home I was not able to apply to jobs because I was too scared to. I stopped taking my medication (Prozac) because I was too scared to get a refill and now I don't have access to medication or therapy because of lack of funds and my lack of trying.

I have been applying to jobs for the last three months with no luck and I do absolutely nothing with my life but sleep. I am actually starting to hate the sunlight and I don't leave my room until everyone in my house is asleep. I don't really talk to anybody in my house.

I currently have no goals or aspirations, I am just existing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its good you are applying for jobs. It just takes one place to say "yes" and your life will change. Hang in there. Maybe set yourself a goal...even if its going outside for a 10 minute walk every day. I like being inside myself, but I get out with work.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, MindExpansion! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to SAS! I'm only 15 so I obviously can't give you any advice but I have been through and am still going through Depression and Social Anxiety so I can tell you that it gets better. I know that you may think that's bull**** but it's not. I was suicidal and now I'm usually okay. But you have to take the help you are given. You should take your medication if you need it. I hope things get better soon. If not, just know that they will eventually.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys I really appreciate it. Sorry I am replying late, I am a little confused on how I get alerted when someone replies to my posts.

Thanks again.

:)

·
Too many minds
8 Posts
At every level, the feeling of nothingness is all to familiar. Let me tell you bro, you can have a job, a wife, hobbies and you will still find that hole inside you. Find that job and create that first step, follow up with more steps and keep the cycle going!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At every level, the feeling of nothingness is all to familiar. Let me tell you bro, you can have a job, a wife, hobbies and you will still find that hole inside you. Find that job and create that first step, follow up with more steps and keep the cycle going!
True that the job would be my first step because it will give me a reason to leave my house and hopefully communicate with other people. I guess I just have to be patient about getting a job but I am kinda tired of being patient. :blank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts