Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm not really sure what to say here. I was always a shy kid. I went to small private schools until college. I always thought that once I got to college I would meet new people and be more out going, but that didn't happen. My only friends are still the few I made in high school and most of them have moved away or are now married. I have always been single and still live with my parents. I have a job that I really enjoy but it is seasonal so I get laid off for the winter. So pretty much I just sit at home all day and the only people I talk to are my parents. I have reached a point in my life where I am totally lost. I'm embarrassed to still be living with my parents. I'm embarrassed that I don't have a better job. I'm jealous of my friends who are married, have great jobs, their own houses... I have never had a girlfriend and have always felt nervous and awkward around women. I know it's ridiculous but it just happens. The only girls I ever felt comfortable around were friends that are now married and don't even talk to me anymore. I know that if I could just be myself and not be nervous that it would all be different. I have never tried to get help or talk to anyone about my problems, but I can't keep living like this and need to do something.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, LostTR87! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts