Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Haley. I grew up in California, but I'm currently attending college in Utah.
I've had social anxiety all my life, but I didn't discover that it actually had a name until about a month ago. I did manage to have one really good long term relationship in high school, but in the end, SA caused me to ruin it, and ever since then, I've had a really hard time coping with the heartbreak from the end of that relationship AND SA at the same time, especially since SA keeps me from having close friends or being close to my family members even.
I am going to counselling at my university, but it honestly isn't helping too much. I think what would help the most would be talking to others like me, so I went looking for support groups online, and now here I am! I am excited to get to talk to everyone here and get advice, as well as give advice! :)

·
Banned
40 Posts
My name is Haley. I grew up in California, but I'm currently attending college in Utah.
I've had social anxiety all my life, but I didn't discover that it actually had a name until about a month ago. I did manage to have one really good long term relationship in high school, but in the end, SA caused me to ruin it, and ever since then, I've had a really hard time coping with the heartbreak from the end of that relationship AND SA at the same time, especially since SA keeps me from having close friends or being close to my family members even.
I am going to counselling at my university, but it honestly isn't helping too much. I think what would help the most would be talking to others like me, so I went looking for support groups online, and now here I am! I am excited to get to talk to everyone here and get advice, as well as give advice! :)
Your next step is to contact me via aim. As a person who is also at uni and has cure myself of social anxiety for good, I think I may be able to answer any of your question and help you in any way I can.

And one last thing, those school therapy are quite lame.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Haley,

Its good to see you're taking steps to overcome your SA, its far too easy to slip into whats comfortable: doing nothing. College can be pretty nasty for people with SA, and it can slip by pretty fast without really experiencing it.

I can relate to the realizing it had a name thing, although I've know its had a name for a bit longer. Regardless, you'll find this is a fantastic group of people, filled with sound advice and boundless support.

We're here for you,
~Eric

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Haley, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, HMF22! :)

·
Banned