Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was diagnosed with social anxiety, among other things, when I was about fifteen so that was 4yrs ago. It's affected me a lot. I had to quit public high school and switch to homeschooling - that cost money so my parents stopped paying a little after one year. I got a job a few weeks ago and had to quit after a few days because I was working a register - if I would have known it was register I never would have applied - my social anxiety got so bad I was puking and shaking all day. Now my mother thinks I am crazy or something because I stopped working there.

All day today she was belittling me about my anxiety and making me feel in adequate.

I am trying with my social anxiety, I just started my training to volunteer at the hospital with the American Cancer Society. I am enrolling to go to my local college to do a high school completion coarse to get my diploma. I am trying to enter the world.

Still I feel crazy and in adequate.

So thats me...

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Stephanie, welcome to :sas

·
Drinking
370 Posts
Welcome SandM!
I like your eye pic. Very cool.
Most of us feel the exact same way. Congrats on your new training and enrollment in college :) Hope everything goes well for you!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SandM1827! :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
welcome.....
i'm pretty new to the forum aswell,
i know how you feel, i've recently started college (in the uk), and it's pretty tough, but i'm trying my best.. it'll be worth it in the end, hopefully.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts