Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why am I so nervous introducing myself to a social anxiety forum? Anyway, I have been dealing with this anxiety business for as long as I can remember. Somehow, I manage to work at a job where I deal with the public all day. I find ease in being alone afterwards just to recharge. It will be interesting to meet others who have to deal with social anxiety, as most people I know seem so extroverted in comparison.

So, hello! :um :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Ghostsandflowers, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, GhostsAndFlowers! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel the same way

Hi,
I am just saying hi myself and I tell you, I am shaking. I feel almost sick and all about something that I don't even have to be face to face with an actual person. But this is my life, always has been since I was a kid. Such as it is. But I am glad I joined. It gets lonely being this way. Even in a 10 week group therapy I took a couple years ago, I liked talking to others who were like me. But I always had a mild attack and could barely talk. But I so wanted to be there! After awhile, I warmed up, until the next time. Anyway, sorry for the blast of words. Had to get it out and tag, you're it. Welcome.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Welcome,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand. I've had social anxiety since childhood as well. It made me nervous to post here, too. It seems friendly here so far, so perhaps both of us will feel better in time once we get to know people here a little better. :)

Hi,
I am just saying hi myself and I tell you, I am shaking. I feel almost sick and all about something that I don't even have to be face to face with an actual person. But this is my life, always has been since I was a kid. Such as it is. But I am glad I joined. It gets lonely being this way. Even in a 10 week group therapy I took a couple years ago, I liked talking to others who were like me. But I always had a mild attack and could barely talk. But I so wanted to be there! After awhile, I warmed up, until the next time. Anyway, sorry for the blast of words. Had to get it out and tag, you're it. Welcome.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Why am I so nervous introducing myself to a social anxiety forum? Anyway, I have been dealing with this anxiety business for as long as I can remember. Somehow, I manage to work at a job where I deal with the public all day. I find ease in being alone afterwards just to recharge. It will be interesting to meet others who have to deal with social anxiety, as most people I know seem so extroverted in comparison.

So, hello! :um :)
Hi,
hi, just wanted to say welcome to you both, and congrats for overcoming your nervousness about posting! :) i was really nervous about posting on these sites also. i didn't even post an introduction on this site! um, maybe i should do that someday... :um

anyway, i hope you enjoy the site - my favorite part is getting to know individual people better (which took me a long time to do also). it's almost like having friends in real life. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts