Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I'm new, just want to say hi. I have it pretty bad, this social phobia/anxiety thing. Had problems that way since I was a small child. Seems like it should be getting better with age but instead seems like it's much worse. Atm am so depressed I can hardly speak/write but wanted to just say, hi.

:heart

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Isabel welcome. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Isabel, hope you find SAS welcoming and helpful! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcomes. Guessing I'm as inhibited in a forum as I am irl. Along with anxiety and social phobia, I'm dealing with Major Depression, C-PTSD and agoraphobia. I was also born with autism and have a severe trauma and abuse history. I guess a social phobia can go with all of these things so it's not surprising. I have also struggled with eating disorders like bulimia and anorexia, the latter of which nearly cost me my life. Along with being fairly demobilized by all of this, I'm a visual artist and rather gifted. I've suffered a lifelong history of abuse and trauma and am currently not in the best of shape. I have many big problems. One of the biggest is my reluctance to reaching out to others, even within the safety of a forum. So I am here sort of tentatively and will try where I can to work on it a bit if/when I'm able.

Thank you for listening and ty again for the warm welcomes...

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Isabel! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts