Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Usually I don't sign up for any community websites. I thought that since I'm finally (almost) going to start CBT for my social anxiety, joining this forum would somehow also be helpful. I've seen a social worker, a psychologist (who diagnosed me), and a psychiatrist (who recommended medication, which I declined). I started with a vague sense that something was wrong. Finding out I have social anxiety allowed me to clarify my vague feelings, allowed me to put my feelings in some sort of context.

Mostly I feel awkward around people in general. I don't know why. Whenever I talk to someone, I'll leave the conversation feeling a sense of dread, and spend copious amounts of time scrutinizing what I've said, finding fault wherever fault can be found with what I've said, and after this whole ordeal I'll just not talk to anyone for a while as not to subject myself to the inevitable painful process of scrutiny.

This makes dating impossible.

So, I have few friends, and find it very difficult to make new ones. So I spend most of my time alone. Since I'm human, and thus a social creature, my need for social interaction mostly goes unfulfilled. And, since I can't even talk to an attractive woman I feel biologically defective.

Anyway, that's probably too much for an introduction. But, whatever. Hello. Social anxiety sucks. Dear God... help us all... ;P

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey delirium welcome. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Delirium! :)