Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and have been a faithful lurker ever since. At first I wasn't sure whether or not I should join but after reading lots of the posts I realised I'm not alone with this and it'd be nice (for once) if I could talk to people who really understand.

I guess I should give a little background info... I would say I've suffered from SA for about seven years now and it has gotten progressively worse in that time; to the point where I can barely step foot outside the door and have even been over-analyzing this very post to make sure I don't sound stupid lol.

My problem isn't going outside as such, it's the people. Everywhere I go I feel as though I'm being stared at and judged negatively - it's gotten so bad that even when my sister comes to visit I struggle to look her in the eye and I'm tense the whole time.

I've seen my doctor about this but he wasn't very understanding and simply suggested I have counselling to try and establish why I'm so "upset". I never booked any sessions because I don't believe it's the right course of action for me and I'm too shy to ask for cognitive behavioural therapy (which, from what I've read, think could help me.)

I just want to be able to go outside without worry or fear. I can't even remember what that feels like.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm just glad this place exists and that there are people who can relate. :)

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Diversity welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, Diversity! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.