Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone, my name is Dana. I am new to this site. I came here seeking help or advice regarding my social anxiety. I really wish that I will be able to benefit from my experience here. i am very determined on changing. And maybe this will be my first step.
Thank you

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Dana, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Dana98! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Dana!

I'm here to get advice and change too, little by little...

Let's do our best to change for the better! :high5

:welsWelcome!

·
qutycute
9 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Patti, and I'm new here too. I'm really hoping this will help my social anxiety and I could go back to the old me, or a new and improved me!! B)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tired from running

:DHi everybody, a new morning, a new day...and I hope a new and improved attitude first toward ourselves, and then toward everyone. I would like to start sharing why I came here with everyone..
I always had a problem talking about myself, I am shy and I do not know how to start conversations. I run away from any situation where i would have to talk to new people. I felt like I am not interesting enough for people to get to know me. I stayed in my shell. away from the outer world. and I was always giving myself excuses to make it look OK. because then I thought it is the way it is, and if I confront it I will not get anything but proving to myself that I am different and not accepted from people around me. So the easier path was to find excuses and hide behind them and again say it is OK...but now I am really tired of running. I think I am way better than how I present myself. Everyone of us is unique, and different, so it's OK to be different. But it is not OK to be negative. our differences is what make us who we are. and what gives this world a meaning. Differences can lead to perfection. Now I know it is not just that I am different. there should be something else that make me feel this way. And I am very determined to fix this. I wish I just can be myself around people. show them the real me. Not that antisocial person with nothing to say or offer. I am more than this. but how to get to the other side is what keeps me looking and searching, and it is also why I am here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts