Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I don't know where to start, I just want to feel happy about myself so that I live a happy and fulfilling life. I guess this is everyone in the world but for me this just seems like a fantasy for me.

I am a very quiet and shy person and have since I was 5, never been able to speak in front of other people, cannot make friends, relationships are just a non-starter. I've lost every friend I've ever had, the last one was worst as it was friend at work but we we were friends for over 15 years out of work until four years ago.

As a teenager I was dragged to family therapy for my parents arguing and my brother's fascination with fire!! The only thing I remember is the therapist telling my parents that they were concerned about me because I was so quiet, my parents reaction you've always been quiet, even as a baby you never cried. Nothing more came of that.

I've tried talking to family and friends who seem interested in labelling rather than helping move forward.

I want help but don't know what to do, I tried the GP last year and he did was refer me to a Therapist for 6 30 minute sessions.

Talking with him was good and he made feel better about myself but the moment I get into a situation, my aniexty kicks in with a vegenace, I make bad judgment calls and make things worse. The cycle of my life :(

Assam

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey mmmAssam welcome. :hyper

·
is trying.
714 Posts
:wels

·
Registered
154,235 Posts