Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Naz :) I'm 22, recently graduated from a UK uni, and currently in a phase of my life where things are not going particularly well (stuck in a job I hate, not sure what my purpose for being on this earth is, etc etc). I joined this forum on a whim a few weeks ago because it somehow just 'felt right' to do so... I'm not sure I strictly have SA, though, and I've never been to see a doctor to be formally diagnosed with anything mental health-related in the medical sense, so I felt reluctant to make any posts on here in case I got attacked for not being socially anxious enough to be on the site (stupid, I know xD). I went for CBT-style counselling a couple of years ago, and that made me a lot more confident in social situations with large numbers of friends than I used to be... however, I still have a lot of problems staying in company with too many strangers for too long, being assertive, and making phone calls to people I don't know or like (all of which are required in my current job... hence the intense dislike of it!).

I'll leave it at that for now. Hope to get to know some cool new people in this community :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey ZannityZan welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Hi ZannityZan. Welcome to SAS!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ZannityZan! :)