Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Human
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I was surprised to see a forum for this, and so many people suffering. Yesterday I was talking to a man and when I described a situation I was in a few months ago, he said "wow, sounds like you have social anxiety disorder" so I had to google it & do some reading. Sounds a lot like me...... I always just thought I was extremely shy and it never occurred to me it was more than that, but it makes a lot of sense.

I spend most of my free time sitting at home alone because I have no friends (I've never really had friends and didn't quite know why), my family (parents, brothers) are busy with their own lives and I don't want to bother them. My kids are grown and have their own lives now too so here I sit.... I signed up on meetup.com to try to make myself go out in the world but there are few things that interest me, it's so much simpler to sit here by myself - but that makes me feel so lonely. I'm divorced so I try meeting men on dating sites but so far they all suck.... some days I feel life is so hopeless. Thank god I don't drink, but I do find myself crying a lot.

So there you have it, that's me. I hope to learn more about how to get past this because it's pretty debilitating at times.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, :wels

I'm glad you decided to join us here. You will find that the people here are very friendly and supportive. I understand what it's like not having friends, I'm in the same boat myself. I'm looking forward to chatting with you more. Thanks for joining! :)

·
Human
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, and thanks for saying hello to welcome me. I see there are a lot of "young people" here - are there many here in the 30-50 age range? A lot of people don't show their age (I have mine hidden too but I mentioned my kids are grown so you can kind of guess) but from the stories it sounds like many are young.

Just curious.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey mnshywoman welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, MNShyWoman! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts