Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I came here looking to see if people could help me. I'm not entirely sure I have social anxiety.

I always feel like I'm bothering people. For example, I had to go to petsmart 3 times yesterday due to various things happening with items/pets I bought. I felt like such a bother, and I had my fiancé come with the third time because I didn't want it to seem weird. I get anxiety thinking about going into doctors offices/ dentists offices/anywhere I have to check in. I'm always scared of doing something wrong at those places and making a fool of myself. I dwell a lot on past embarrassments, and get extremely upset whenever I remember them, and start wondering if everyone else that was there remembers and still makes fun of me for it.

I have been diagnosed with depression (self injury, suicidal thoughts, the whole thing) but I don't talk to my psychiatrist about my anxiety because I get anxious thinking about talking about it. He's mentioned it once - I play with my hair when I'm anxious, and he noticed that, but he hasn't said anything else about it.

So what do you guys think?

·
suh dude
1,466 Posts
First off welcome to forums. It might be worth mentioning it to him. He already knows everything else, so having the anxiety out in the open might to help to begin healing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's especially difficult to bring it up since my depression is doing much better and we're talking about possibly weaning me off my last depression medication.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, KittyK4y! :)

·
Nyctophiliac
327 Posts
Hello and welcome! My name is Svan.

Yes, it does seem that you have a case of anxiety. Not to fear, though, because yours sounds like the normal kind of anxiety, not the seriously crazy, mental hospital status anxiety. As for mentioning your anxiety to your psych, it's very important that you do because his whole job revolves around helping people and you have no reason to be ashamed about what is going on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts