Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've ended up here.

My mind feels like a bog and I can never sort anything out of it. I'm constantly angry, depressed, and overly hard on myself; yet I can't even figure out the first steps I need to take in order to fix myself.

I feel like I'm always average, in grades, looks, personality, etc. It's just mind-numbingly boring. I really want to find my way out of this bog, but I just waste away hours reading about ways to fix myself never to any avail.

I'm a 20 year old lonely guy who hates his college degree and has massive social issues. Nice to meet you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Noctaf! It's nice to meet you! You're being too hard on yourself. You need to ask yourself if you would be this critical of anyone you cared about. Or would you be more understanding, forgiving, supportive and encouraging? If you wouldn't treat your friends or loved ones this way, then you shouldn't treat yourself this way, either!!! It definitely takes time, but you need to change the things you say to yourself. When you catch yourself saying something negative or critical, stop yourself and tell yourself that you are great and you ARE good enough! Just keep doing it and, over time, you will find that it will become your default dialogue with yourself. We believe what we constantly tell ourselves, so you just have to change what you're saying to YOU!! Like I said, it takes time. It will not work overnight. BUT.... it is sooooo worth investing your time into. Good luck!! Thanks for coming here and introducing yourself!!!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Noctaf! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts