Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AnnaBanana
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a 33 year old recently single mother. My social and general anxiety started about 2 or 3 years ago. I used to drink a lot of wine, A LOT, until I realized it was a problem and I quit drinking cold turkey. I had the most ungodly anxiety, insomnia, didn't sleep or eat for about a week. I totally didn't expect it because I really didn't think I drank enough to have that sort of a reaction. Well I finally broke down and saw a doctor who sent me to a psych. I tried several antidepressants, but none really worked. I tried benzos, which worked, but had too much addiction potential. Eventually I was put on Effexor, which is in my opinion is an awful drug. I have been unsuccessful at trying to taper off of it so far. I'm seeing a new counselor who diagnosed me as bipolar 2, which I don't really know is correct. I'm now taking lamictal which isn't really helping yet. I've been trying to come off of Effexor for a year and every time I stop I have anxiety that is so bad I can't leave my house or do anything. Feeling this way is so awful that I have to start taking the Effexor again. Even now when I take the lowest dose, 37.5 mg, I still have terrible anxiety about seeing people I don't really know, and having to talk to them. The strangest things that never used to bother me, now cause me such panic. I'm so nervous about going on my son's field trip because I have to talk to other parents. This makes me so sad, because I feel like I'm depriving my son because of this. Anyway thanks for listening, it's nice to talk to others who have similar issues.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, AOBenChain! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts