Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I am really happy to have found a forum for people with SA. Untill about a year ago I felt like I was the only person to feel so much anxiety in social situations. To find a site full of people with it really makes me feel less alone.

I don't have any problems being social with family, but anyone outside of it makes me nervous. I have some good friends but even after knowing them for years I can't be myself in front of them or completely let my guard down. It's a problem I've had my whole life, although I am definately getting less and less shy and uncomfortable, I have a long way to go.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you! See you on the forums!

-Vera

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Vera, welcome to :sas

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Hello!!! Welcome to the site!!! Enjoy your stay:)-Sound of silence is a good song!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have some good friends but even after knowing them for years I can't be myself in front of them or completely let my guard down.
Hi Vera. I feel funny saying "welcome" since this is my first day here too. So we're newbies together. What you wrote (above) really struck a nerve with me. I feel exactly the same way. There are friends I've had for the longest time. All evidence points to the fact that they must really like me (they've stuck with me all these years) but I never REALLY feel it. I also want to get beyond this. I guess that's why I'm here too.

The people here have been extremely friendly in the hour or two I've been here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, SoundOfSilence! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts