Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't ever really think to come to something like this, but like so many other people here...it seems like a good place to vent.

I feel so sad for all of us....it seems like many of us are in our early 20's. We should be out doing the things we want to.....not sitting at home afraid of everyone, and feeling like we fail at every God forsaken thing we try :|

I dont even know how to explain myself right now.....all this room to speak openly and I can manage the words...I hope your day is going better than mine.....<3

*sigh*

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi,

What;s troubling you today then?

I'm early 20s too :p. I used to ruminate a lot etc. over wasting my life etc. but as I've made progress I've been feeling happier and finding life more enjoyable too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello :)
Just tired of everything really....I told my mom a couple of days ago about all these personal things, and I think she just told me what she thinks I want to hear, you know? Later she said to someone that she was tired of people dumping all their problems on her....
Its hard to make this any better....
Im glad that you have been making some progress! Good for you :)

·
Lost in time
86 Posts
Hello and Welcome,

I came by to tell you to cheer up, Look at me. I'm not sad LOL. I'm fantastic, I may not have everything I want right now, but heyyy Im dancing to the sounds of happiness.

(pay no attention to my foolishness, its how I evade being nervous)

May the force be with you! x3

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hello :)
Just tired of everything really....I told my mom a couple of days ago about all these personal things, and I think she just told me what she thinks I want to hear, you know? Later she said to someone that she was tired of people dumping all their problems on her....
Its hard to make this any better....
Im glad that you have been making some progress! Good for you :)
Hi,

Thanks :) I didn't say it too boast though lol, just that I used to have it really bad, so that you know progress can be made. I used to find it all hard etc. hadn't told my parents and was paranoid about what they thought of me.

I mean, maybe you mum is supportive maybe not, it's her problem really if she isn't, you probably would be supportive if you had a daughter, but even when it's your mum, you can't control her actions.

Have you tried speaking to a doctor or anything? That was one of the bigger things that helped me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Thanks :) I didn't say it too boast though lol, just that I used to have it really bad, so that you know progress can be made. I used to find it all hard etc. hadn't told my parents and was paranoid about what they thought of me.

I mean, maybe you mum is supportive maybe not, it's her problem really if she isn't, you probably would be supportive if you had a daughter, but even when it's your mum, you can't control her actions.

Have you tried speaking to a doctor or anything? That was one of the bigger things that helped me.
You're welcome : ) Haha no, I know. But praise is always nice when progress is made : )
She is very supportive....its just, I suppose it is hard for people to understand when they haven't experienced it? I dont even really like talking about it with her....but what are ya gonna do.
Ive been to a counsellor, a psychologist and a psychiatrist....really all they told me was to change the way I think, which is like "oh really? That never occurred to me" Goodness, Haha

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, LittleRedHead! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts