Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at the forums for a while and finally decided to post, as I feel that I'm not getting any better by just reading other people's situations.

Growing up my mother thought that I was just shy and as a teenager I was called stuck up, I only found out 5 years ago that it is social anxiety. That combined with depression and adult onset ADD.

I'm 38 years old, single, never been married, no kids, and probably never will if something doesn't change pretty soon. I've been on so many different meds in the past 5 years (Effexor, Lamictal [thought I was bipolar at first], Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin. I'm sure there are others that I have forgotten. I've never felt any better with any of them.

For a while I was going to CBT, I felt that it wasn't helping and I discontinued the therapy. I'm now almost at the end of my rope. I'm doing all of the things that they say social anxiety sufferers shouldn't do. I do tech support from home (I hate it because I have to talk to the public). I took classes online, cause it was easier for me not to have to deal with people face-to-face.

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback from those that think they are doing even a little better than they have been in the past.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Gyrlee :wel

·
Registered
34 Posts
I feel better, way better than before. I never imagined getting married, and here I am engaged, in this weird relationship where I cant stand my partner staring at me. lol

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, WhozThatGyrl! :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi whozthatgyrl :wel

Now I've got Annie Lennox/Eurythmics stuck in my head :b

I people avoid as well. Looking for same as you. To break the cycle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts