Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just randomly stumbled accross this forum while on a google search and saw the thread about birthdays and how you feel.

I totally related with all the things the OP was saying, never heard of Social anxiety before but I've always had problems in trying to "behave" like normal people esp in social situations. I find it hard to make friends and often find myself questioning what i am doing and why I am thinking things.

At work I am always over thinking how people look at me and never feel natural when having conversations with people I am always thinking "am I coming across as OK, should I smile more?" etc etc

I dont know if this counts as SA but I have this werid thing that I was trying to find the answer to, or if anyone else gets:

Whenever I look at photos of loved ones, friends or families etc instead of feeling happy I feel quite sad and stare at the picture. If i looked at it for too long it would probably make me cry

even tho the photo is of a happy event somthing about it depresses me, when I see them smiling in real life I dont think about it.

somtimes i look at the pictures of my family and part of the sadness is because I am worried about when they will not be around anymore I feel sad that I know one day I will lose them all for one reason or anyother.

Especially makes me sad to look at pics of me and my sibblings when we where children, i guess its sad to realise how we have all changed and moved on and life is no longer simple and fun

I am 24 btw and live in the UK.

Sorry for a weird first post I just thought I'd get that off my chest while never having done anything like this before it kind of seemed like the right place!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey turbo7, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
428 Posts
I can kind of relate as well. I felt connected to my siblings as a child, and now we're very different and rather distant. My parents were the best, but they're both gone now. It's definitely sad to look at pictures from my childhood. I had a good childhood, and felt protected and loved. I miss that feeling . . . geesh, now I'm feeling sad about it even without pictures! :O) I agree with Eelpie, I'd rather be 4 or 5 than 45.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Hello and welcome. I don't feel anything when I look at photos of my family, when I look at a picture of my boyfriend i feel kind of mingled happiness and sadness.
If I do something nice for someone it makes me feel painfully sad.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Turbo7! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts