Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had dial-up for a very long time and I'd like to switch to a high speed connection... the only thing is I can't seem to find a decent, affordable service. Does anyone here have any recommendations for isp's that offer there service in Canada?

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, this is really helpful. Thanks for the link. :)

edit: wait, i can't seem to search in canada??

·
Registered
435 Posts
in vancouver it's always been some combination of shaw, rogers and telus. i dunno what's in toronto. usually high speed, in canada, is a fight over monopolies. there's generally 1 telephone and 1 cable company :\ check the sites of the major phone companies in your area, and the major cable company.

if there are any other companies, it's probably cuz they managed to get a leasing deal with one of the monopolies... but yeah i can't speak for toronto i guess

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked into Shaw/rogers and Bell Symptico... if all else fails I'll probably have to settle for one of those since there isn't much else... :stu

·
SAS Member
14,430 Posts
dez said:
I've looked into Shaw/rogers and Bell Symptico... if all else fails I'll probably have to settle for one of those since there isn't much else... :stu
I use Bell Sympatico and so far i like them. They are pretty reliable and their server rarely has any problem(i think i couldn't connect just once in the last 6 months)

When i got connected with them, the first time they charged me 34.95 for 5 months. When that deal was over, i had to pay 45.90 or take a one year contract at 34.95(if you break the contract they charge 100$ :wife )
id like to find a cheaper provider though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts