Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just joined this site. I've had social anxiety and severe blushing for years. I have just started CBT, the therapist suggested I should ask people what do you think when you see someone blushing? are you horrified? I'm starting to uncover and investigate these fundamental beliefs I have. and one of them is that when other people see me blushing, they are utterly disgusted. So I wonder is this true??? and by the way, its amazing to see so many people have the same problems, I felt like the only one! x

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome Stephy... I don't ever notice when someone is blushing. I don't think most do. I only notice it when someone says they are blushing. If I were talking to a girl and she blushed.. i would think she was probably shy. I might also think she was interested in me.. i would think it was cute! But honestly, i wouldn't put much thought in it at all. I wouldn't read into it much! Welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome!

As for the blushing, if it's one my guy friends then I find it pretty funny and will poke a few jokes at him. If its a girl, especially one I am interested in, I find it cute.

·
Very Quiet
2,934 Posts
Have to agree with the posts above. I don't know if I would realize it. If I did see a girl was blushing while talking to me a guess I would think two things. She's cute I wonder if she likes me....or... she's cute and alittle nervous like me. Welcome. I'm new too.

·
Os1
252 Posts
Welcome stephy :wels
Honestly i don't mind when I see someone blush, but knowing me... I wouldn't notice XD haha if you ever wanna talk I'm here. I've been in situations with blushing :b

·
Hibernating
1,627 Posts
Hi! I just joined this site. I've had social anxiety and severe blushing for years. I have just started CBT, the therapist suggested I should ask people what do you think when you see someone blushing? are you horrified? I'm starting to uncover and investigate these fundamental beliefs I have. and one of them is that when other people see me blushing, they are utterly disgusted. So I wonder is this true??? and by the way, its amazing to see so many people have the same problems, I felt like the only one! x
Stephy, I welcome you to SAS with the goodwill of 1000 members :b

Honestly, I rarely if ever notice someone blushing, but I certainly don't think it is disgusting, on the contrary it seems more endearing than anything to me.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Stephy84! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. its so helpful just to talk about it, for years it was like the elephant in the room that I was trying to ignore! But just to chat about it is starting to make it seem less powerful over me somehow. Everytime I blush I feel so much hatred for myself, and like somehow I have failed/or revealed some terrible dark secret about myself and feel low for ages after. but I'm starting to try and change my thoughts around it, I guess at school people would point and laugh, but now I'm older, I suppose people probably don't care really when they see someone blushing.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
:welWelcome Stephy: as a blusher I find it awkward for myself but I really don't think other people find it disgusting at all. When I see other people blush I find it kind of endearing.

Welcome again, I'm sure you'll find lots of support.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Stephanie, welcome to :sas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts