Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am a 20 yr old male college student with social anxiety disorder. Ever since I was young I wondered why both my brother and sister were out with their friends having a good time and then there was me just sitting home every night. Although I did have one good friend, who i just went over his house to play xbox. (I play a lot of xbox) Thankfully I do not come from a bad background. Sometimes I think it all started because I forgot how to control my anger and just started to hold it in. As most other people with SAD can understand, I never stop thinking. I am always trying to get exposure but what happens is I never enjoy social situations because I cant stop worrying. (And I dont even know what im worrying about) Recently I haven been obsessing about eye contact in social situations. This is bad because I am no longer listening instead worrying about eye contact. SAD can do crazy things sometimes.

Another thing I just wanted the rant about is interacting with girls. People have always told me I am very good looking. This still could not help my self esteem because it didnt take long to realize that most girls fall for confidence over someone who is petrified of social interaction. I have had sex a few times but never with someone I felt actually attracted to. (I felt like I was settling for less just to have sex)

PS: Sometimes I think there is something else that is wrong with me. I never been able to read or write well. As you can tell

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, TheGuru416! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey theguru416 welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.