Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is bev and i am 44 i have been suffering depression and anxiety for 16 yrs i have been put on many different tablets none have worked for very long i am now on nardil for 2 weeks sofar they seem to be working but i am very anxious about them what will hapen if i eat the wrong foods. most information i have hear that you a very suriously ill including death which frightens me can anyone help who has been on them or knows any more information many thanks bev

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
You might try posting this in our Medication forum, you'll get more replies there.

Welcome to :sas

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi my name is bev and i am 44 i have been suffering depression and anxiety for 16 yrs i have been put on many different tablets none have worked for very long i am now on nardil for 2 weeks sofar they seem to be working but i am very anxious about them what will hapen if i eat the wrong foods. most information i have hear that you a very suriously ill including death which frightens me can anyone help who has been on them or knows any more information many thanks bev
Alot of it is overstated, but handout that comes with the medication should tell which foods to avoid. Aged foods are especially dangerous.

Also, give the Nardil time to work. Its supposed to work for about 65% of people with Social Anxiety.

2 side effects to watchout for, it can make you gain fat and supress your sex drive. So things to do to counteract that would be to start a serious exercise routine, eat healthy foods, and also get your hormones checked, if you feel a little dead down there, to make sure the estrogen, testosterone etc are in a good range. The best OTC supplement I believe, for hormones is Zinc or Zinc/Magnesium for both males and females as it elevates testosterone and helps sleep.

Just giving you the heads up, so you know what to look out for. I avoided gaining any fat thanks to exercise, but alot of people here seem to gain so much weight they want to quit the med, even though its helping their anxiety!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Inchil1963! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts