Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm 17 and for a range of reasons (can't be bothered writing them at the moment) I think I have social anxiety disorder. I want to see a psychologist because I feel like its affecting my life badly, but I can't talk to my parents about it at all! I can't tell them anything. They get angry or annoyed at how I act or what I do often, but they don't understand what's going on in my mind. We moved to Australia recently & being in a different place & new school & everything is making things so much worse & I feel so uncomfortable all the time!
I keep meaning to ask about seeing the guidance councillor but when I'm at school I talk my self out of it and tell myself that it's not a big enough deal, but it is and I hate it!!!!

·
F♯ A♯ ∞
455 Posts
welcome bruiseviolet.
welcome to SAS and welcome to australia :p
I know the struggles of being in a new place and suffering from high anxiety. I hope you can find some help and guidance here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey bruiseviolet. i would definetly suggest seeing a psychologist. My parents were the same way for a long time mainly because they just didnt know how else to react since they didnt understand what i was going through. But you arent alone on this one and welcome to SAS :) message me anytime if needed

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, BruiseViolet! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Bruiseviolet welcome. :hyper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.