Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I had SA since I was 15 (I'm now 21) it came on after problems at school and I didn't want to go to school any more and I just stayed at home and couldn't face people any more, I got worse and worse and it was so serious at one point that I wouldn't even go in the garden. It was really affecting my physical health apart from mental, I carried on not leaving the house for about 3 years until I decided enough was enough and I started to sort my physical health at least, by going walking in the countryside to get fit, this really helped my mental state also. I would still avoid people like the plague though but at least I was getting outside.

Long story short, I was pretty much myself on the internet, and I made some good friends from Holland I got to know them pretty well over the space of a few years and last year I really forced myself to go and meet them, and stay at a friend's house for a week. That week was a roller-coaster because it was the first proper real-life social contact and fun I had in a long time, there was fun times and also bad times, as I was highly emotionally unstable and I fell out with a friend and I became very depressed over it, but that's another story.

I decided I wanted to move to Holland permanently and a couple of months after that trip I moved there, but it didn't work out mainly due to there being no jobs available but also due to my social phobia seemed to be relapsing due to stress etc, I found myself getting the panic attacks over stupid things like meeting new people or if someone knocked at the door of my friend's house.

I had to go back to England and here I am back at my home with my parents, my life is pretty much not going-anywhere again as I don't have the confidence to search for work etc and I'm still phobic of the phone.

But I don't want to slip back to not doing anything with my life and I joined here as one step to sorting this out for good and talk to other people in the same boat :D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey amg its austin :wels

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, AMGItsAustin! :)