Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm glad to be joining this community. I haven't been part of a social anxiety forum in years and feel I've probably suffered as a result. I'm really hoping to talk to others who can relate to what I go through on a daily basis, because I, obviously, don't have many folks to talk to or who could understand it in real life.

For the most part, I'm an isolated person, I live with my mother and my boyfriend who are supportive. I'm on Lexapro and Klonopin because I have panic attacks and they allow me to make it through the day at work, but don't seem to do much for my social anxiety.

I'm scared to talk to people and I really don't feel the motivation to talk to people, I guess because most of my social interactions in the past haven't been too enjoyable, so I guess my mind has kind of learned that these are negative things to be avoided. I guess the trouble is getting over the constant anxiety and lack of motivation

I'm very interested in the Dr. Thomas Richards Social Anxiety program in Phoenix and am seriously considering moving there because I really don't know where else to find effective help. If anyone has insight into this program or knows of any others around the country I'd love to hear your experience and/or opinions.

I'm hoping to get to know all of you and make some friends. Cheers. :D

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Michelle welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Shellsy! :)

·
Still Running
387 Posts