Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I should have joined this a long time ago. But I'm just so thankful there's a place like this.

So when I was really little my parents would just say that I was shy. I didn't have many friends and was always more of a "follower" than a "leader". From about 1st - 7th grade I would wake up every morning terrified to go to school for no reason other than doing something stupid and people hating or making fun or me. I never told anyone because I knew my fear was irrational.

Lately I've been doing some self-reflection to try to figure out who I am. When I think about all of the things that make me nervous, it drives me crazy. I can't go to the store and buy something without being anxious about interacting with the clerk. I'm scared to pick up the home phone and whenever I go outside I cover up everything I can so people can't see me.

I've also recently started learning how to drive and hate every second of it. I don't want to mess anything up and have people on the road be mad at me. It's also greatly decreased my options when trying to find a job because I don't want to work in a place where I have to deal with many people.

I'm looking forward to talking to people who are having the same issues as me so I can better myself as a person. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Kate :wel

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, KateWrocks! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel