Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting about my social anxiety disorder. It took me a while to come to grips that there was something wrong with me. I finally told my family, but I don't think they understand. When I think about it, how could they. If I did not have this problem and someone told me about it I would probably just think they are just shy, but it is much more then that. It amazes me what an impact this has had on my life and after reading many posts here, others as well. I used to talk quite often in middle school, but as I got older things changed. I no longer talked much, even to friends. After high school it got even worse. I get really nervous going to college, talking with almost anyone, etc. I feel I NEVER have anything to say. I have one really good friend who does not know about this problem. He tries to get me to go out, but I usually make up some excuse. I have never even been on a date because of this and some other health issues I am going through. I get extremely depressed. I hate saying this because it sounds mean (sorry), but it makes me feel better to see I am not the only one with this. Sorry to ramble on, anyways I look forward to socializing on this forum, since it is the only way I can communicate comfortably.

Brian

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Brian :wels

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :D I like it here already because like you said Madison, everyone here understands it is just not shyness. Here is a question for anyone out there, should I tell my best friend about my SA? I doubt he will understand it. One other question for anyone, do you tell those closest to you about your SA or not. I have only told my immediate family.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, BMac88! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts