Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bittersweetgirl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

I'm 25 years old from Tennessee working as a preschool teacher and taking online classes for Health Information Management. I've always been known as the "shy" or "quiet" girl but in the past I was just really scared of public speaking in front of the class at school. But I think now I have social anxiety too, I really don't know what to do anymore about this anxiety--I read so many books and try to do meditation and all kinds of things but it only helps a little and I don't wanna take medication. So, I thought to join this forum to find new friends, someone I can relate to since none of my friends understand how it feels. I just feel so alone in this crappy (at the moment) world and I just wanna be happy and feel calm and peaceful and I'm so tired of always being anxious for the smallest things. I wish I could take a vacation from my mind sometimes LOL. Well, nice to meet you all :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome Lala24 :) I hope you find the site helpful, please don't feel alone, I can relate to a lot of what you say!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lala24, Welcome to the site. I have the exact same problems but thankfully I am getting a bit better. Have u spoken to anyone about how ur feeling? For me talking about the problem was the first step to recovery. It helps u to see things more clearly. Maybe u have a family member or a friend u cud talk to. U ll probably find writing here helpful because most people on the site can identify with what ur experiencing. Anytime u want to talk just message me.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Hey hun, Welcome to the site. I hope you find it of some help and that you met some nice people. I am on here a lot if you ever need some one to talk with. take care

J.x

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello!!! You are not alone. :D

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Lala24! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts