Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give a little introduction about myself. I am really struggling with my social anxiety and even though I have had it for years (it was a little bit better for awhile) it is now so bad that I had to take the semester off of school! I finally got into the program I wanted and then everything became so bad and out of control I was crying before every class and having constant panic attacks...I feel like a freak and a failure. I am also going through my second divorce so that pretty much adds to the mess I am dealing with. I am just really angry because I went through social phobia before about 5 years ago and at the time it was so bad that I could not even leave my house to check the mail! Now, it is getting to be that bad again and I also have a very intense fear of driving (I was injured in a car accident a couple years ago). I also have been on meds but I dont think they are helping or working. I am trying to find something to help me so that I can return to school next semester. Thanks for listening!

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give a little introduction about myself. I am really struggling with my social anxiety and even though I have had it for years (it was a little bit better for awhile) it is now so bad that I had to take the semester off of school! I finally got into the program I wanted and then everything became so bad and out of control I was crying before every class and having constant panic attacks...I feel like a freak and a failure. I am also going through my second divorce so that pretty much adds to the mess I am dealing with. I am just really angry because I went through social phobia before about 5 years ago and at the time it was so bad that I could not even leave my house to check the mail! Now, it is getting to be that bad again and I also have a very intense fear of driving (I was injured in a car accident a couple years ago). I also have been on meds but I dont think they are helping or working. I am trying to find something to help me so that I can return to school next semester. Thanks for listening!
woah sound like it's been tough for u, are u seeing a therapist? if not u should, welcome to the forum, im new as well if u feel like u wanna talk im here :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hi shygirlygirl, welcome :) Wow, it sounds like you're going through a lot. I'm very sorry, I know it must be hard. I really hope you're able to find help somehow. It may seem impossible right now, but remember that you always have the capability to improve your life and find happiness. I hope you stick around here.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey shygirlygirl welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ShyGirlyGirl! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Hi,Shy,

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
hello, hope you find the forum useful!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the kind welcomes :) I am looking forward to talking to everyone and I am talking to my dr tomorrow about switching meds and getting a new therapist ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts